Saturday, November 7, 2009

Field Experience Week #1

What is happening right now? I just finished my first week of my field experience in a 4th grade classroom at JR Smith. A great couple of days getting to know my teachers and students. I am very impressed with the teacher's classroom management skills, classroom set-up, and classroom teaching styles. I am working with two teachers on this assignment which I find very valuable. This opportunity will give me the benefit of observing two different teaching styles, both of which are very impressive.

So what does this mean to me and my colleagues? With being able to get into a classroom where I am observing teaching styles and teaching lessons, I will be getting hands-on experience and also have the opportunity to share my experiences with my colleagues. The more time spent in a classroom setting is probably the most valuable information and learning experience that I will be able to get out of my degree.

How does this affect me in the future? I do hope that having these multiple experiences in classrooms will help to give me ideas for my future classroom. The information, styles, ideas, and teachers I come in contact with will all be beneficial to my future classroom. As I work toward this degree I hopefully will come out with some new, fun, and exciting ways to present lessons to my future students and also be developing excellent classroom management styles along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment