Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Final Field experience reflection

Now that I am finished with my field experience, I do have to say that I will miss my class. It was a very beneficial experience. I only wish that I had more time in the class. I learned quite alot from this opportunity, teaching lessons in social studies, language arts and math. I also had the opportunity to work individually with students that needed extra help and I also did small group work with a reading group.

There was much to be learned from this experience and many things that I will take with me. Probably the most important learning experience I had was on classroom management. Both teachers I worked with had excellent classroom management skills and just the observation of them managing their class was beneficial. When I taught my lessons, I was able to continue using the management skills that I observed and I actually was quite successful.

With this experience, if I can take the knowledge learned and build upon that with future experiences, hopefully I will be successful in the field of teaching. If I am so lucky to be paired up again with such master teachers when I go into field in the spring, I will also be able to gain more expertise.

No comments:

Post a Comment