Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My Beliefs

My beliefs in the classroom are to remain balanced. This is my philosophy on all things in life. I believe that we should integrate technology into the classroom at an age appropriate level. K-3 is not necessarily appropriate. 4th-6th is definitely more appropriate, but I do believe that this should be more of an introductory age for students. Teaching them the basics, ethics, benefits and usefulness, but also the downside of technology. As we advance in the technology world we need to stay up with the advances, but we also need to have boundaries. Keeping yourself completely immersed in technology I feel is not necessarily a good thing. As I view the younger generations there are many problems because of the use of computers. One that particularly bothers my is the lack of movement. Overweight, unhealthy, lack of muscle tone, these are all problems I see with our youth and common sense should tell us that the human body is made to move and work, not sit and sit and sit. As I finish with this blog, I myself am feeling restless to just sit here and type. My eyes are bugging, I need to move, my wrists hurt and I would really like to get outside and walk. This is what humans need to be doing. Moving not sitting and staring wondering who's on facebook. Yes, technology is a good thing if used correctly and this is what needs to be taught at home and in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment