Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Strengths & Weaknesses

Within the UNI survey and Net Standards I have many weaknesses and some strenghts. I feel that I am capable of operating with computers and software as well as set up some technology devices. I feel that I also have the ability to demonstrate technology within society and business. On an introductory level I understand basic concepts, I can plan and provide effective learning environments, implement some curriculum that includes technology and use technology to assess learning. My goals as a beginning teacher are going to include many advances into the technology world on my part. Designing appropriate learning material to support diverse learners is definitely something I need to learn and understand in order to accommodate all students. I will also need to enhance my technology skills to develop the students' higher order skills and creativity. Another goal that is very important for my to acquire in the technology area of learning is to know all the legal issues involved with technology and be able to teach that to my students. I understand the basic issues, but I feel that I need to be well versed on this topic to protect my students and teach them well.

There are many classes, tutorials and information available to increase your understanding and awareness of computers. One that I would like to take would be the Presentation class available at MAC stores. I feel that with this course I could learn how to better present material to my class in ways that would be beneficial to them and provide them with more ideas for creativity. I would also take the PBS online teacher course for supporting culturally and linguistically diverse students. This is something I need more expertise in to help with the diversity of students that I may get in a classroom.

As I further my professional growth, I will need to become more diverse and knowledgeable in the field of technology. At this point in my studies, I have already made some major leaps as I do not use the computer much and for the past 10 years I have been a stay at home mom with little knowledge except for writing emails and looking up information on the computer. The more courses I take the more I will be able to keep up with our technology changing world and stay on top of my profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment