Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Classroom Reflection on Google Sites

Over the last two classes, I have been learning about google sites and how to make a classroom website. This application and knowledge will help me both as a student and teacher. Learning how to use this site and not only build a fictional site for my classroom as well as learn how to build projects with collaborators is an excellent tool. Not only in the field of education, but also as an overall tool with an indefinite amount of possibilities.

As a teacher, being able to create a site that my students will be able to access and view is a necessary component for teachers in our technology world. With google sites, I will be able to post announcements, homework, and any other classroom information that may be needed by the students. Not only will I be able to give information, I would also be able to have my students use the site to do homework and I would be able to give them input on projects and schoolwork as needed. This alone could be very helpful for many students giving them greater abilities in education.

The amount and types of technology available to students and teachers is unbelievable. The possibilities keep expanding and if you don't stay up with the new technology being developed you can definitely fall behind. As a future teacher, I feel that staying ahead or at least with the technology advances is necessary to become the best available teacher for your students. There are many teachers today in our classrooms that have no idea as to what is available. They may have been teaching for a long time and have not kept up on what is up and coming, but that is definitely not helpful to the student. As a future teacher, I would want to gain all possible knowledge available as well as continue to take technology courses so that I do not fall behind on new teaching strategies.

No comments:

Post a Comment