Tuesday, September 1, 2009

An Ideal Classroom

If I were to come up with an ideal classroom, I would want to start by having it located next to the beach with views of the Northern Pacific coastline. I would have plenty of windows in my classroom with great views and natural lighting. One wall of my classroom would open up so that on warmer days me and my students could have the air, sounds and smells circulate around the classroom.

The students in my classroom would come from families of average income, so as to be not too privelged. The parents would be outdoor enthusiasts and care about the environment. This being said so would the students. My colleagues would be friendly and easy going. They would also be hard working and helpful.

My teaching techniques would involve alot of hands on teaching and many outdoor activities. I would teach very little from textbooks and only use them as a guide and when necessary. Using computers in the classroom would be necessary in our technology world but not in excess. I would try to incorporate art and nature into my topics as much as possible. I would also add environmental education into my curriculum as I feel this is very important for our future. In this ideal setting I would prefer to start with kindergarten students and stay with these students thru their elementary years.

No comments:

Post a Comment