Saturday, September 19, 2009

Mr. Deuy Fractions

Watching this video, I found it entertaining yet possibly more of a distraction then a learning tool. Although the video is trying to reach out to young people and make learning interesting, the excess background noise makes it difficult to actually hear the rapping. But on the otherhand young students who are trying to grasp their fractions may want to take the time and they may learn a thing or two. I do think the video would be more enticing if the rapper looked not so geeky. Students may be more receptive to a more hip rapper. So, I had my 10 year-old daughter watch the video to find out her response. She and my 5 year-old daughter found it a bit entertaining. They thought that maybe it would help them to learn their fractions (my 10 year-old already knew most of the information in the video. But the one problem they seemed to have, as well as me was being able to hear everything that was being said. So, in the end I feel that this was not such a great learning tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment